JouleX Energy Manager (JEM) for Distributed Offices helps Energy & Facility Managers from organizations around the world reduce their plug load energy costs by 30-60%. JouleX gives you visibility and control over the energy consumption of every device making up your plug load. This allows you to see where and how energy is being consumed through a single dashboard and provides a control plane for helping reduce your energy consumption and costs.
JEM for Distributed Offices includes support for printers, copiers, distributed office servers, access points, network switches and VoIP phones.
Monitor, Analyze, and Control Without Installing Hardware Meters or Software Agents:
- Remote Management: Determine a baseline, monitor, analyze, and control energy usage of devices throughout the distributed office without hardware meters or software agents, from a centralized location.
- Quick Time to Benefit: Installation and device auto-discovery in hours, not days or months.
- Simplified Maintenance: Reduce the complexity of traditional agent-based energy management solutions. No disruptive quality assurance (QA) cycles for patches or new operating system changes.
- Lowered Business Impact: The JEM agentless advantage means that you don’t lose productive time to installation and management of software agents on each device.
- Dynamic Energy Measurement: Measures dynamic energy consumption and utilization of any device attached to the network.
Power-Manage Distributed Office Equipment through Policy-Based Energy Optimization:
- Automate Policies to actively power down office equipment when it is idle or unproductive.
- Provide Opt-In/Opt-Out policies for end users.
- Use JouleX MobileTM to power on/off equipment using smart phones and mobile devices.
Support Sustainable Procurement™ practices:
- Determine Total Cost of Ownership (TCO): by utilizing actual power consumption, energy cost, and environmental impact.
- Comparative Analysis: Shows device-to-device and system-to-system comparisons of life cycle energy use and operating expenses for energy efficient IT infrastructure.
- Power Consumption Savings Potential: Identify savings potential based on actual energy demand, not overstated manufacturers’ faceplate.
Demonstrate Progress on Corporate Sustainability Initiatives:
- Reporting: Produce powerful, centralized enterprise sustainability reporting.
- Granular Breakdown: Understand energy consumption, utilization, costs, savings, and carbon emissions by device, location, cost center, division and by time of day.
- Support Regulatory Compliance with carbon accounting requirements and energy usage reporting.