The JouleX Energy Manager (JEM) monitors, analyzes and controls the energy consumed by network-connected devices without agents, hardware meters or changes to your network or security configurations. JEM for PCs enables companies to baseline, monitor, analyze and control the energy consumed by all your personal computing devices, including Windows, Linux and Macintosh PCs and laptops, thin clients, and monitors.
JEM for PCs also works with the JouleX Mobile™ smart phone app to power on/off equipment using smart phones and mobile devices. In this scenario, the JouleX smart phone app and/or a building access control system will alert JEM to the arrival of a knowledge worker and JEM consequently powers up the worker’s PC and monitor. When the worker exits the building, the process occurs in reverse and the worker’s PC and monitor are power stated to reduce consumption when idle.
With JEM for PCs you can:
Measure, Monitor, and Manage Without Installing Software Agents on Each PC
- Remote Management: Determine a baseline, monitor, analyze, and measure energy usage of desktops, laptops and monitors without software agents, from a central location.
- Quick Time to Benefit: Installation and device auto-discovery in hours, not days or months.
- Simplified Maintenance: Reduce the complexity of traditional agent-based PC energy management. No agents to install means no disruptive quality assurance (QA) cycles for patches or new operating system changes.
- Lowered Business Impact: JEM Agentless advantage means that you don’t lose productive time to installation and management of software agents on each device.
Power-Manage PCs and Monitors through Policy-Based Energy Optimization:
- No expensive Software, Device Agents or Hardware Meters to purchase, deploy, or maintain
- No Configuration Changes to network and security configurations
- Automate Policies to actively power down idle, unproductive and unnecessary PCs.
- Provide Opt-In/Opt-Out policies for end users.
- Use JouleX MobileTM to power on/off equipment using smart phones and mobile devices.
Support Sustainable Procurement™ practices:
- Determine Total Cost of Ownership (TCO): by utilizing actual power consumption, energy cost, and environmental impact.
- Comparative Analysis: Shows device-to-device and system-to-system comparisons of life cycle energy use and operating expenses for energy efficient IT infrastructure.
- Power Consumption Savings Potential: Identify savings potential based on actual energy demand, not overstated manufacturers’ faceplate.
Produce powerful, centralized enterprise sustainability reporting:
- Granular Breakdown: Understand energy consumption, utilization, costs, savings, and carbon emissions by device, location, cost center, division and by time of day.
- Support Regulatory Compliance with carbon accounting requirements and energy usage reporting.